Lynnfield two municipal golf courses, King Rail Reserve and Reedy Meadow, will reopen on Sunday under restrictions prescribed by state government. The courses will be open seven days a week, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., starting on Sunday, May 10.
Those wishing to golf must have an assigned tee time. No walk-ons will be allowed.
Reservations will be accepted beginning Friday, May 8 at 10:00 a.m. You may a tee time online at either course at www.ynnfieldgolf.com. By phone, you may book a tee time at Reedy Meadow (781) 334-9877 or King Rail (781) 334-4643.
Social distancing will be required. You must arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your tee time. A Lynnfield golf staff member will come to your car in the parking lot to greet you and sign you in. You will then be asked to call the course number to pay via credit card. No cash will be accepted.
On Sunday, May 10, all Lynnfield resident mothers can golf for free in celebration of Mother’s Day.
Please be advised that use of golf carts is not allowed under the current state regulations. Players may use their own push carts. No restroom facilities will be open and the clubhouses will be closed to the public, as required by state regulations. Players should come equipped with all the items (balls, tees, clubs, etc.) they will need.
The Lynnfield golf courses will abide by the below statewide rules that apply to all golf courses in Massachusetts. Please read them before coming to the course:
- Security personnel can be delineated by each club (ex. a pro and the head starter) and will be present to enforce social distancing. There can be no other employees working at the recreational component of the golf operation.
- All staff must wear face coverings while on the property
- Club facilities including but not limited to the club house, pro shop, restaurant, bag room and locker room must remain closed
- No caddies allowed
- No golf carts allowed
- Push carts may be used. Players must either carry their own bag or use a push cart
- All golfers must maintain proper social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times
- Groups of players are restricted to no more than 4 players at one time.
- Members-only clubs can allow guests as determined by the security personnel on the golf course
- Private clubs that allow non-members to make reservations can do so at their discretion
- Maintenance personnel are permitted to work on the golf course
- Tee Time Policy must be 15 minutes between groups
- Golfers must stay in their car until 15 minutes before their tee time and must return to their car immediately following play
- Online and remote payment options must be utilized
- All golfers must use their own golf clubs. Sharing golf clubs or rental golf clubs is not allowed.
- Flag sticks must remain in the hole. Hole liners must be raised so picking a ball out of the hole doesn’t occur
- Bunker rakes must be removed, and ball washers must be removed or covered.
- Practice putting green, driving range, and chipping areas must be closed.
- Facilities must have readily accessible hand sanitizer