- American Association for State and Local History
- National Alliance of Preservation Commissions
- Preservation Mass
Duties & Responsibilities
Founded in 1963, the Lynnfield Historical Commission is a 5 member board appointed by the selectmen to preserve, promote, and develop the historical assets of Lynnfield. Under MGL Chapter 40 section 8d, a local Historical Commission is the official agent for community wide historic preservation, planning, and the designation of local and national historic districts, properties and sites. In particular, this law identifies five responsibilities for historical commissions including:
- Conducting research on places of historic or architectural value;
- Cooperating with the State Archeologist in conducting surveys and reporting on sites;
- Coordinating with other preservation organizations
- Keeping accurate records of its actions and filing an annual report
- Maintaining a membership duly appointed by the Board of Selectmen
- The board may also accept gifts, enter into contracts, and make recommendations to the selectmen.
This website and phone number are not monitored for Meeting House rentals, they are handled by the Lynnfield Historical Society.
|Faith Honer-Coakley||Recording Secretary|
|Steven Richard||Photographer, Building Manager|