Lynnfield Trash & Recycling Program
- Trash & Recycling Calendar
- Streets Listing – and neighborhood map - for your pick-up days – Trash & Recycling 2021
- Holiday Delay Pick-up Schedule – Trash & Recycling 2021
- Trash Program – General Description
- Recycling Program – General Description
- Hazardous spills – Dial 911 for any spill with potential to be hazardous. The fire department will respond and determine any need for additional response from DEP, Clean Harbors, state Haz-Mat team, etc.
- You can recycle much more than just what goes in your curbside bin. Check out Additional Resources and Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) Beyond the Bin recycling resources.
Have questions or need more details about Lynnfield’s Trash and Recycling Programs?
- Anything - Can I recycle this? Check RecycleSmart.
- Appliances/White goods – Freezers, Air Conditioners, Dryers, Trash compactors, etc.
- Bulk Items – Carpets, Furniture, etc.
- Christmas trees – The Lynnfield/Wakefield Swim Team picks up trees as a fundraiser. Residents having a sticker can also dispose of trees at the DPW Yard on limited Saturdays. Call the DPW office for details for both.
- Clothing and Textiles – Donation boxes at our 4 Lynnfield public schools and at DPW Yard parking lot.
- Composting – Here is everything you need to know about backyard composting and composting services.
- Construction/Demolition Debris – will NOT be picked up by JRM. Items can be brought to G. Mello Disposal in Georgetown (978) 352-8581 and disposed of for a fee.
- Fluorescent Lighting tubes – Bring to the DPW office during business hours.
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) – The next Lynnfield HHW Day will be Saturday, November 20, 2021. Residents who cannot attend on November 20 may attend an event in another community as part of a regional collaborative. Please check the regional schedule and note hours and costs.
- Library of Things – Borrow items you need only occasionally or to try out before buying. Items include lawn games, household tool kits, electronics equipment.
- Medical Syringes and lancets (Sharps) are accepted M-F from 8am-4pm at the Lynnfield Fire Department, 59 Main Street (781) 334-5152. They can be packaged either in plastic sharps containers and sealed with tape, or placed in plastic jugs with a threaded twist cap. You may also use sharps mail back services.
- Mercury Thermometers – Bring to the DPW office during business hours.
- Mercury Thermostats – Bring to the DPW office during business hours.
- Prescription Drugs - All unused prescription drugs can be brought to select CVS pharmacies. Check CVS store locator site here
- Yard Waste – Bring yard waste to the DPW facility behind Town Hall at 55 Summer Street during hours: Wednesdays and Saturdays, 7:30am – 3:00pm.
For Trash & Recycling pick-up issues, contact DPW office at (781) 334-9500 during business hours.